Jet Ski Crash UPDATE

A child was rushed to the hospital after being struck by an out-of-control jet ski at Indian Wells State Park in Shelton around 3:30PM today, according to officials. According to radio reports, the jet ski struck several people in the water before beaching and striking a child. At this time it is confirmed that multiple children were taken to the hospital and fortunately, none of the injuries were life-threatening.

Read More

Jet Ski Crash

Shelton EMS are reporting there was a jet ski crash in Indian Well State Park, with multiple people hit in the water, and a child struck when the jet ski crashed onto the beach. This is a currently developing story and there is no confirmed info at this time.

Read More

Bridgeport Police Investigate Fatal Huntington Turnpike Crash

On May 16, 2026, at approximately 8:45 pm Bridgeport Police were dispatched to the area of 1200 Huntington Turnpike on reports of a motor vehicle accident with injuries. Additional information came into the Bridgeport Emergency Operations Center indicating there was an accident between a car and a motorcycle with at least one unresponsive operator laying in the street. Medics and Bridgeport Firefighters arrived on scene and began rendering medical aid to three parties. Medics pronounced the operator of a motorized scooter deceased at the scene. That person has been identified as a 61-year-old Bridgeport man. When police arrived, they observed a severely damaged 2 door Mercedes Benz, a severely damaged motorized scooter, and the deceased operator of the scooter. Police…

Read More

Governor Lamont Launches Statewide CT250 Celebration Across Connecticut

GOVERNOR LAMONT ANNOUNCES CT250: CONNECTICUT’S STATEWIDE CELEBRATION OF AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE For a Full Calendar of CT250 Events, Visit 250inCT.com (HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont today joined state officials and community leaders to announce CT250, Connecticut’s statewide initiative to commemorate, celebrate, and reflect on the 250th anniversary of American independence. Announced at the historic Old State House in Hartford, CT250 will bring together communities across all of the state’s 169 municipalities through a dynamic calendar of events, immersive experiences, educational programs, and community-driven celebrations. “Moments like this remind us that history isn’t just something we look back on – it’s something we carry with us,” Governor Ned Lamont said. “Connecticut has a powerful story to tell as America marks its…

Read More

Westport DPW Launches Recycling Education Campaign“No Bags, No Food, No Foam”

Westport, CT – The Department of Public Works (DPW) is asking Westport residents to help address the growing problem of recycling contamination. To raise awareness, the DPW is launching a campaign to educate residents on proper recycling practices. Six days a week, residents and private haulers bring recyclables to the Westport Transfer Station, where it is collected and transported to the Interstate Waste Materials Recovery Facility in Shelton, CT. There, it is sorted, then sold as commodities to manufacturers for reuse. While some materials arrive clean, dry, and loose, others do not. Containers filled with leftover food like strawberry jam or peanut butter, and cardboard boxes still packed with Styrofoam, are common issues. Small changes in how residents recycle can…

Read More

Bridgeport Police Warn Residents About Jury Duty Phone Scam

Bridgeport Police Warn Residents About Phone Scam The Bridgeport Police Department is warning residents about a phone scam in which the caller asks for money and identifies himself using the names of actual Bridgeport police officers. Potential victims are told they missed jury duty and are required to pay a $7,000 fine. They are given instructions on where to go to send the money. The calls are from fake numbers. The department received multiple complaints in the last week regarding the scam. The suspect has used the name of different officers. There were no cases reported in which anyone sent the money. The Bridgeport Police Department is advising residents it does not solicit money over the phone for any type…

Read More

Two Shot In Bridgeport

Bridgeport Police responded to the 690 block of Beechwood Avenue around 1:10am after multiple ShotSpotter activations. When officers arrived, they located one victim with a gunshot wound. That victim was transported to St. Vincent’s Hospital by AMR. A second victim later self-transported to Bridgeport Hospital by private vehicle with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. No arrests have been made, and the Bridgeport Police Department is investigating. Further information will be provided once available.

Read More